thoughts from nowhere
I am one of those people constantly thinking of things. Sometimes they make good sense, but more often than not they are completely random and have no real basis in anything. I realise that people must think I am completely mad for how I just randomly start saying things, so in an effort to stop confusing people I've decided to write them down instead. Enjoy.
- why can't painkillers help stop the bloody pain in the area you're taking it for without causing pain in some other place?
- i've noticed that you can always tell which people are pretending to be very worldly and mature. they're always the ones trying too hard to make it known, as they take everything to seriously and have forgotten how to have fun, and often try to make others just as miserable as they are.
- my cellular phone has become another apendage. it makes me feel very swept up in the very stereotypical spoiled teen life that i so often try to escape.
- i quite enjoy flavoured waters.
- i came to the realisation today that for some reason judaism is much less offensive and irritating to me than other organised religions. though i'm not quite sure why.
- it seems like all of the "important" works of literature that we all should read, never get read by anyone, just talked about in a pretentious manner. as though having the most minute ounce of knowledge about it grants you membership to some elitest literature society
- i tend to switch back and forth between the american and british spellings of certain words. my editor pointed that out to me after submitting a brief article i had written.
- why is it that i always seem to have an obsession with something. i don't think i've spent a day in my life unobsessed with something. i'm not even that compulsive, i just put my whole being into everything i do or like.
- i read this article two years ago about artificial wombs and for some reason it still really intrigues me. what if your child was carried to term in a glass box? i'd visit with mine and read to it and play music for it
- i inadvertantly came across some movie on tv and one of the lines really hit me, "shame on me for kissing you with my eyes shut so tight"...i'm not sure why though, maybe its because i fall head over heels into everything...
- how come the things you feel the guiltiest about are always the most addictive, like watching cartoons or eating greasy fried mozarella sticks?
- someday when i have kids i want to give them terribly odd but beautiful names that have unique origins. maybe it's my subconsious wanting to punish them for my mum and dad naming me after a flower
- you know when there is one shoe in the middle of the highway? that scares me, how did it get there? and where is its partner?
- i hope that i am re-incarnated as a person so i can accomplish everything that i want to do